Massive Open Online Course on Synchrotron and XFEL Radiation and Techniques
New Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) from the EPFL (Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne), covering introductory aspects of synchrotron and XFEL radiation. A link to the course can be found at https://www.edx.org/course/synchrotrons-and-x-ray-free-electron-lasers in which more details can be found.
The course is aimed at a broad audience and includes the following themes:
1) Interaction of x-rays with matter;
2) The production and physics of synchrotron and XFEL radiation;
3) X-ray optics, beamlines, and instrumentation;
4) X-ray diffraction and scattering;
5) UV and x-ray spectroscopies;
6) X -ray imaging (mainly tomography and lensless imaging/ptychography);
7) Extra week on phasing techniques in macromolecular crystallography.
The course begins on 5th March 2018 and lasts for nine weeks - each week, two to three new videos are released (youTube videos embedded in the edX player, which can be downloaded and viewed at leisure), each approximately 20 minutes long, plus optional problems (and optional final exam at the end of the course). Enrollment on the course (see above link) is free; a Verified Certificate can be purchased at the end for those who so wish and have achieved the pass grade.
From Monday, March 5 2018 - 08:00 AM (ET) (UTC -05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada), Bogota, Lima
To Friday, May 11 2018 - 5:00 PM (ET) (UTC -05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada), Bogota, Lima