- NSF awards $22.5 million to capture biology at the atomic level using X-ray lasers
- Frankuchen Award : ACA 2019
- BioXFEL Research Support Call for Proposals
- Crystal structure of CO-bound cytochrome c oxidase determined by serial femtosecond X-ray crystallography at room temperature
- UWM researchers create first 3D movie of virus in action
- Monday, 13 September 2021
Using the X-ray laser European XFEL an international team of researchers has successfully filmed a reaction step that is important for the development of antibiotic resistance.
- Tuesday, 13 July 2021
John Spence, the Scientific Director of BioXFEL, died peacefully Monday morning, June 28, in Boston. John was BioXFEL, he was a visionary in building the team and establishing the resulting community. He strongly impacted all faces of BioXFEL.
- Thursday, 01 July 2021
Sabine Botha is a Postdoctoral Research Scholar in the group of Prof. John Spence at Arizona State University. She completed her undergraduate education and masters program at the University of Oxford (UK) in Engineering Science, specializing in Biomedical and Information Engineering.
- Thursday, 06 May 2021
We are all very proud of our BioXFEL Scholar, Tek Narsigh Malla and our BioXFEL interns and UPR undergraduates Gabriela Díaz Figueroa and Ana Sofía Santiago-Russe for making it into the Semi-final round of the Reach Out Science Slam Competition. They gave wonderful presentations and did an excellent job representing the BioXFEL Center.
- Thursday, 08 April 2021
The NSF BioXFEL Science and Technology Center has funding intended to support research at US institutions. This support is for the application of X-ray free electron lasers to structural biology in collaboration with the BioXFEL STC.
- Friday, 26 March 2021
This Special Issue, “Novel Structural Studies of Coronavirus Proteins”, will gather both research and review articles from experts in the field with the ultimate goal of creating an international platform that provides with rich and reference information on the latest advances and exciting discoveries in the field of X-ray crystallography.
- The Z to E isomerization in Phytochromes revealed by Femtosecond X-ray Pulses from an X-ray Free Electron Laser
- BioXFEL scientists make a molecular movie of a biological process to convert sunlight to chemical energy
- ASU professor awarded top research prize
- Lattman, Liu, Morrow and Ruhl elected AAAS fellows
- European XFEL Virtual User Information Meeting - 7th Call for Proposals