- Science Director Dr. John Spence named Royal Society Fellow
- BioXFEL Graduate Student Joey Olmos (Rice) Earns NSF Graduate Research Fellowship
- Mapping Conformational Landscape Through Crystallography
- Taking the initiative on single particle imaging
- NSF BioXFEL researchers create a better way to find out ‘when’
- Wednesday, 22 August 2018 17:15
This summer, five graduate students from the University of Puerto Rico had the opportunity to use SLAC's world-class facilities to keep their studies on track.
- Friday, 17 August 2018 11:24
The European X-ray Free-Electron Laser recently came on-line as the biggest and brightest source of X-rays on planet Earth. Those brilliant X-ray beams will allow chemists to do groundbreaking research on enzymes, solar-cell materials, and more.
- Tuesday, 07 August 2018 14:09
A team of researchers, led by scientists from DESY, has demonstrated the successful use of a new type of liquid jet at high pulse repetition rates at FLASH. The study shows that liquid jets recover in time for the next pulse even at very short inter-pulse times of only 220 nanoseconds. Furthermore, the researchers conducted the first crystal diffraction experiments using X-ray pulse repetition rates of about a million pulses per second (MHz).
- Friday, 27 July 2018 15:08
In September of 2017, Hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico with 175 mph winds, cutting the island in half and unleashing torrents of rain and devastation. Now, almost a year later, Buffalo is helping displaced students rebuild their education while Puerto Rico is still rebuilding from the storm.
- Friday, 06 July 2018 17:23
The National Science Foundation BioXFEL Science and Technology Center is pleased to announce that it will be hosting its sixth annual international conference in San Diego, CA February 12th - 14th, 2019. Our annual External Advisors Meeting will be held Monday, Feb 11th.
- Tuesday, 27 March 2018 13:24
Discover Magazine has done a feature on the National Science Foundation's Science and Technology Center Program. Below is an excerpt regarding BioXFEL. Read full article here.
- Job opening - Post Doc in THz Biomolecular Optics at University at Buffalo
- BioXFEL research published in Nature Methods enables seeing inside particles in solution
- BioXFEL at 2017 LCLS Users' Meeting
- BioXFEL ASU team among first user groups at Europe’s brightest light source
- Dr. Abbas Ourmazd (UWM) joint papers cited in background of recent Nobel Prize in Chemistry