- NSF awards $22.5 million to capture biology at the atomic level using X-ray lasers
- BioXFEL Research Support Call for Proposals
- Frankuchen Award : ACA 2019
- Crystal structure of CO-bound cytochrome c oxidase determined by serial femtosecond X-ray crystallography at room temperature
- UWM researchers create first 3D movie of virus in action
- Friday, 17 August 2018
The European X-ray Free-Electron Laser recently came on-line as the biggest and brightest source of X-rays on planet Earth. Those brilliant X-ray beams will allow chemists to do groundbreaking research on enzymes, solar-cell materials, and more.
- Tuesday, 07 August 2018
A team of researchers, led by scientists from DESY, has demonstrated the successful use of a new type of liquid jet at high pulse repetition rates at FLASH. The study shows that liquid jets recover in time for the next pulse even at very short inter-pulse times of only 220 nanoseconds. Furthermore, the researchers conducted the first crystal diffraction experiments using X-ray pulse repetition rates of about a million pulses per second (MHz).
- Friday, 27 July 2018
In September of 2017, Hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico with 175 mph winds, cutting the island in half and unleashing torrents of rain and devastation. Now, almost a year later, Buffalo is helping displaced students rebuild their education while Puerto Rico is still rebuilding from the storm.
- Friday, 06 July 2018
The National Science Foundation BioXFEL Science and Technology Center is pleased to announce that it will be hosting its sixth annual international conference in San Diego, CA February 12th - 14th, 2019. Our annual External Advisors Meeting will be held Monday, Feb 11th.
- Tuesday, 27 March 2018
Discover Magazine has done a feature on the National Science Foundation's Science and Technology Center Program. Below is an excerpt regarding BioXFEL. Read full article here.
- Tuesday, 20 February 2018
DOE funded postdoc position for the study of photosynthesis proteins and enzymes using terahertz light. We are seeking a highly independent and skilled researcher to join our effort to establish THz techniques that characterize protein structural dynamics.
- BioXFEL research published in Nature Methods enables seeing inside particles in solution
- BioXFEL at 2017 LCLS Users' Meeting
- BioXFEL ASU team among first user groups at Europe’s brightest light source
- Dr. Abbas Ourmazd (UWM) joint papers cited in background of recent Nobel Prize in Chemistry
- Europe’s X-ray laser fires up