- Science Director Dr. John Spence named Royal Society Fellow
- BioXFEL Graduate Student Joey Olmos (Rice) Earns NSF Graduate Research Fellowship
- NSF BioXFEL researchers create a better way to find out ‘when’
- Mapping Conformational Landscape Through Crystallography
- Taking the initiative on single particle imaging
- Monday, 10 September 2018 12:29
Antibiotic resistance is an imminent threat to human health. Tuberculosis is the number one killer among infectious diseases. Bacteria that cause tuberculosis are difficult to treat because they are often antibiotic resistant.
- Wednesday, 22 August 2018 17:15
This summer, five graduate students from the University of Puerto Rico had the opportunity to use SLAC's world-class facilities to keep their studies on track.
- Friday, 17 August 2018 11:24
The European X-ray Free-Electron Laser recently came on-line as the biggest and brightest source of X-rays on planet Earth. Those brilliant X-ray beams will allow chemists to do groundbreaking research on enzymes, solar-cell materials, and more.
- Tuesday, 07 August 2018 14:09
A team of researchers, led by scientists from DESY, has demonstrated the successful use of a new type of liquid jet at high pulse repetition rates at FLASH. The study shows that liquid jets recover in time for the next pulse even at very short inter-pulse times of only 220 nanoseconds. Furthermore, the researchers conducted the first crystal diffraction experiments using X-ray pulse repetition rates of about a million pulses per second (MHz).
- Friday, 27 July 2018 15:08
In September of 2017, Hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico with 175 mph winds, cutting the island in half and unleashing torrents of rain and devastation. Now, almost a year later, Buffalo is helping displaced students rebuild their education while Puerto Rico is still rebuilding from the storm.
- Friday, 06 July 2018 17:23
The National Science Foundation BioXFEL Science and Technology Center is pleased to announce that it will be hosting its sixth annual international conference in San Diego, CA February 12th - 14th, 2019. Our annual External Advisors Meeting will be held Monday, Feb 11th.
- BioXFEL in Discover Magazine: Cradles of Innovation
- Job opening - Post Doc in THz Biomolecular Optics at University at Buffalo
- BioXFEL research published in Nature Methods enables seeing inside particles in solution
- BioXFEL at 2017 LCLS Users' Meeting
- BioXFEL ASU team among first user groups at Europe’s brightest light source