International Symposium on Structure Biology for Drug Discovery@SwissFEL
With the first encouraging SwissFEL experiments in structural biology delivering static and time-resolved information on compound binding it is time to discuss the recent developments and shape the future directions.
The areas to be covered by the talks are focused on the application of Serial Crystallography done at XFELs. Furthermore, recent developments on Cryo-EM as complementing method for bio-structure research will be captured. All lectures and discussions aim to answer the question: What are the benefits for drug discovery?
The contributions should be structured around three sessions:
The symposium is co-organized and co-located with the BIO Division, the Photon Science Division of PSI and leadXpro AG.
• X-ray Free Electron Laser (XFEL), opportunities for drug discovery
• Recent developments at SwissFEL and XFELs worldwide
• Method development for sample delivery, measurement and analysis at XFELs
• Application of Cryo-Electron Microscopy in pharmaceutical industry
• Complementation of XFEL and cryo-EM analysis
• Henry Chapman (CFEL)
• Christian Wiesmann (Novartis Pharma)
• Gebhard Schertler (ETH Zurich/PSI)
• Richard Neutze (University of Gothenburg)
• Robert Cheng (leadXpro)
• Jan Pieter Abrahams (University of Basel/PSI)
• Vadim Cherezov (University of Southern California, Los Angeles)
Registration and further information: http://indico.psi.ch/e/ISDD (opens January 2019)
From Tuesday, June 25 2019 - 08:00 AM (ET) (UTC -05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada), Bogota, Lima
To Thursday, June 27 2019 - 5:00 PM (ET) (UTC -05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada), Bogota, Lima
|Where:||Paul Scherrer Institute, Auditorium, 5232 Villigen, Switzerland|