- NSF awards $22.5 million to capture biology at the atomic level using X-ray lasers
- BioXFEL Research Support Call for Proposals
- Frankuchen Award : ACA 2019
- Crystal structure of CO-bound cytochrome c oxidase determined by serial femtosecond X-ray crystallography at room temperature
- UWM researchers create first 3D movie of virus in action
- Friday, 12 December 2014
NSF BioXFEL STC Discretionary Funding 2015
Applications due by January 31, 2015
Purpose: The BioXFEL STC has reserved some discretionary funds intended to support graduate students or postdocs of US faculty outside the current STC membership in the application of X-ray lasers to structural biology, for a limited period. This will include collaboration with the BioXFEL Center, and it is expected that an application for beamtime at one of the world's XFEL facilities will be associated with the work.
Procedures: Funding requests must be sponsored by a current BioXFEL Center member. Requests can be made at any point during the year. Discretionary fund awardees will be reviewed on an annual basis for renewal in October of each funding year, with an annual maximum of $60,000.
All funding request applications should include the following sections.
- Primary potential collaborator contact information
- Location at which funds are to be utilized
- Budget for support of one graduate student or postdoc (In special circumstances other classes of projects may be considered)
- Description of research project
- Name of BioXFEL sponsor
Applications for support will be reviewed monthly by an internal Center leadership group. All applications should be submitted by January 31, 2015 to:
Jill Szczesek, Managing Director
700 Ellicott Street
Buffalo, NY 14203