- NSF awards $22.5 million to capture biology at the atomic level using X-ray lasers
- Frankuchen Award : ACA 2019
- BioXFEL Research Support Call for Proposals
- Crystal structure of CO-bound cytochrome c oxidase determined by serial femtosecond X-ray crystallography at room temperature
- UWM researchers create first 3D movie of virus in action
- Thursday, 07 January 2016
The annual Fonda-Fasella award ceremony was held on December 11, 2015, during the Elettra Users' Meeting "Multicolor FEL pulses and coherent control on the attosecond time scale opening new science perspectives". The Fonda-Fasella prize is awarded to a young researcher who has obtained important results while working at Elettra Sincrotrone Trieste.
This year the winner was Dr. Richard A. Kirian, from the Arizona State University, who presented the paper "Direct phasing of nanocrystals using coherent FEL pulses".