- NSF awards $22.5 million to capture biology at the atomic level using X-ray lasers
- BioXFEL Research Support Call for Proposals
- Frankuchen Award : ACA 2019
- Crystal structure of CO-bound cytochrome c oxidase determined by serial femtosecond X-ray crystallography at room temperature
- UWM researchers create first 3D movie of virus in action
- Tuesday, 01 December 2015
BioXFEL is sponsoring a summer internship program to be held at Rice University. This 10 week internship will be designed to incorporate undergraduate students from the surrounding greater Houston area. Special consideration will be given to students from historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs) as well as other underrepresented groups. Students will be given the opportunity to engage in scientific research projects involving crystallography, biochemistry, protein chemistry and other XFEL-related topics.
At the end of the 10 weeks, each student will have the chance to travel to the XFEL facility at the Linac Coherent Light Source (LCLS) in the SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory at Stanford.