- Science Director Dr. John Spence named Royal Society Fellow
- BioXFEL Graduate Student Joey Olmos (Rice) Earns NSF Graduate Research Fellowship
- NSF BioXFEL researchers create a better way to find out ‘when’
- Mapping Conformational Landscape Through Crystallography
- Room temperature structures beyond 1.5 Å by serial femtosecond crystallography
- Tuesday, 20 February 2018 14:25
DOE funded postdoc position for the study of photosynthesis proteins and enzymes using terahertz light. We are seeking a highly independent and skilled researcher to join our effort to establish THz techniques that characterize protein structural dynamics. The position involves instrumentation development, sample preparation and characterization. Duties will include proposal and publication writing, mentoring of graduate and undergraduate students and management of outreach in close consultation with principal investigator.
- PhD in experimental physics, biophysics, structural biology, chemistry or biochemistry
- Record of publications in refereed scientific journals
- Excellent writing and speaking communication skills in English
- Demonstrated background in optics and state of the art spectroscopy techniques
- Development of nonlinear optical systems, preferably in the terahertz range
- Familiar with ultrafast laser systems and optics
- Strong desire to understand connection between biomolecular structural dynamics and function
- Polarimetry and spectroscopy
- Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
We are seeking a highly independent and skilled researcher to join our effort to establish THz techniques that characterize protein structural dynamics. The position involves instrumentation development, sample preparation and characterization. Duties will include proposal and publication writing, mentoring of graduate and undergraduate students and management of outreach in close consultation with principal investigator.
PhD in physics, biochemistry or electrical engineering. The successful candidate will be experienced in a number of terahertz spectroscopic techniques and have biomolecular experience. The candidate should have a strong publication record, a record of independent research, experience in supervision of undergraduate students, and excellent communication skills. The individual should have excellent organization and writing skills and will need to write and edit manuscripts and proposals.
Experience in high field THz generation and pump-probe measurements. Additional highly valued but not required qualifications are protein expression and purification, protein crystallization, and molecular dynamics simulation experience.
Ability to readily build optics and work in semiconductor processing.
|Salary Range||$40,000 - $48,000|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||
Applicants must provide proof of PhD, plus copies of at least two published papers. Thank you.
|Close DateExternal Closing Date||12/06/2018|