- NSF awards $22.5 million to capture biology at the atomic level using X-ray lasers
- Frankuchen Award : ACA 2019
- BioXFEL Research Support Call for Proposals
- Crystal structure of CO-bound cytochrome c oxidase determined by serial femtosecond X-ray crystallography at room temperature
- UWM researchers create first 3D movie of virus in action
- Tuesday, 15 January 2019
The Spence award, named after its first recipient, Prof. John Spence, is awarded by BioXFEL and recognizes excellence in the area of XFEL science applied to biological problems. Nominations are made internally by BioXFEL members but the award can go to any person at any stage of their career.
It is intended to honor a significant contribution to the area of science that BioXFEL aims to impact.
The form of the nomination is a one to a two-page letter describing the potential awardee and the reason for the nomination. This can come from one person or a group. The recipient of the award will be determined by the BioXFEL external advisory board. The Spence award will be given at the 2019 BioXFEL meeting. Nominations are due no later than Feb 5th, 2019.
Nominations for the 2019 award should be sent electronically to:
Jill Szczesek, Managing Director NSF BioXFEL Science and Technology Center
700 Ellicott Street Buffalo, NY-14203