- Science Director Dr. John Spence named Royal Society Fellow
- BioXFEL Graduate Student Joey Olmos (Rice) Earns NSF Graduate Research Fellowship
- Mapping Conformational Landscape Through Crystallography
- NSF BioXFEL researchers create a better way to find out ‘when’
- Taking the initiative on single particle imaging
- Thursday, 15 October 2015 08:56
Crystallization is the major bottleneck to 3D structure determination using X-ray crystallography. In this workshop we will discuss many tenets of successful crystallization for both conventional and serial crystallography. Many topics will be covered including fundamentals of crystal growth, strategies to sample crystallization space, identifying crystal hits, electron microscopy applications of crystal analysis, practical considerations for data analysis, difficult crystallization problems, virus crystallography, and an overview of serial crystallography.
- Thursday, 08 October 2015 14:07
This year DESY held the Second International Summer School of Crystallography. The keynote speaker Prof. Carmelo Giacovazzo spoke about the basics of crystallography, covering mathematical understanding of crystallographic point and space groups, diffraction experiments, structure factor calculations, systematic absences, determination of space groups and many additional topics.
- Thursday, 20 August 2015 09:18
AIP, ACA, and BioXFEL are proud to present the trailer to a feature documentary soon to be released. Enjoy!
- Wednesday, 12 August 2015 14:43
SciX2015 is a large research conference allowing students, scientists, industry to showcase their cutting edge developments in analytical sciences, instrumentation and unique applications. This year two BioXFEL students will be presenting in Rhode Island.
- Monday, 03 August 2015 10:25
A recent BioXFEL co-authored article published in Nature has reached the number one slot for most read articles. Below you will find the abstract for "Crystal structure of rhodopsin bound to arrestin by femtosecond X-ray laser". Full article can be accessed here.
- 2015 IUCr Crystal Growing Competition for Schoolchildren
- Towards time-resolved serial crystallography in a microfluidic device.
- Dr. Petra Fromme Investigates Potential Tularemia Vaccine
- Special Issue of Structural Dynamics "Biology with X-ray Lasers 2"
- Phenix workshop at Rice University now available online